I BEGIN WITH AN IDEA, AND THEN IT BECOMES SOMETHING ELSE. (PABLO PICASSO)

Wednesday, 23 March 2016

The spring is definitely in the air!

Good afternoon,
I read a post  'Anyone for a cup of tea' over at Stamps & Stencils Blog and I thought it was a brilliantly good idea and I instantly wanted to make something similar. I happened to have a large teacup (the decor one!) and a straw nest, Finland moss, raffia and a couple of wooden eggs too so me reading that post was just at the perfect time! I didn't follow all the steps though like in that post but I am more than delighted with my finished project!


At first I gessoed the cup, then started adding acrylic paints, Inka Gold, pigments mixed with varnish, also in between layers are some Gilding Flakes and Ecolines, more acrylics, stamping and at last with the brush a layer of High Gloss Varnish. The straw nest was assembled already, I just added the lace, die cut doilies, a few strings of raffia, the feathers, Finland moss, the wooden eggs and the 3D paper flower. Hot glue pen came in handy to softly glue everything together in the nest. For the eggs I used acrylic paints and Powertex 3D Balls mixed with acrylic glue and then another layer of different acrylic paint. I used the Sizzix die to make the daffodil! For it I used Fabriano Artistico Hot Pressed 300gsm Watercolour paper, painted it with acrylic paints and sponged on some ink too, plus a few sprinkles of Flower Soft Toffee for the anthers!






And here's the 'before' teacup - 





Entering my project to -

Stamps and Stencils - Spring is in the Air!


The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog - 'Inspiration Photo'







All the best,
Kris

9 comments:

  1. Wow Kris! What a fantastic, fun and festive project! Love the altered tea cup and saucer! The eggs look awesome! Thanks for joining along with the MMMC :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, what a cool decor piece! I love the texture and how you decorated the teacup! Thank you for sharing it with us at Mixed Media Monthly. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW :) I love your interpretation.
    thank you for playing with TricksArt :) xxx Aga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty project! I love those eggs. Thanks for joining us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Kris! So glad you were inspired by my post, you've done a great job of altering your cup and saucer. I love the layers of paint , inks and stamping, it gives the surface great depth. Thankyou for sharing this with us over at Stamps and Stencils! Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly inspired! My jaw is hitting the floor. I want one for my cupboard!!! So excited to see that you were inspired by the S&S crew! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps & Stencils with this awesome rendition. A few brown splatters and the eggs would look real and you'd have birds crashing through your window! ;0

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is brilliant, such a clever idea! Fabulous project!! I adore the colours you used! Thanks so much for adding it to our challenge at Mixed Media Monthly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is beautiful - love it to pieces - and what a transformation! thankyou for joining us at stamps and stencils. Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a FAB project!!!! i love that you altered a tea cup... and then you altered it so perfectly! such a great spring project. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete